Sunday, August 1, 2010

Homemade Lip Balm




I made homemade lip balm today! It was fun and easy and fairly inexpensive. I figured out that it will probably cost me a little over fifty cents per chap stick tube. That's not bad for all natural, safe lip balm. This is the recipe I used. The ingredients are as follows:

45 grams Sweet Almond Oil
15 grams of Regular Cocoa Butter
10 grams Coconut Oil
10 grams Lanolin (I used liquid lanolin)
20 grams of Beeswax (grated)
1.5 grams Honey, liquid
Vitamin E oil
Any Essential oil frangrance that you prefer

Weigh all ingredients. Melt in double boiler or microwave until all items are melted. (I used a bowl over a pan of boiling water) The beeswax will take longer to melt that the other ingredients. Add honey after all other ingredients are liquefied. I also added three dropper fulls of Vitamin E oil before melting ingredients. I added 10 drops of lemon essential oil (you can pick whatever oil you want, or none) after removing from heat. Pour into containers. This recipe will fill a lot of tubes- probably about 14. I only had 6 so I used various household containers to hold the rest.

I would say that it took me about an hour to do this batch, as I get more used to it I'm sure it wouldn't take quite as long. I have already put some on my lips and I like it. It is smooth and tasteless. It smells nice but not really strong. There are many recipes out there to experiment with and I may just do that someday. Note: These lip balms do NOT have sunscreen in them. However, they also don't have harsh chemicals, parabens, petro oils etc. All ingredients are safe for consumption! I do believe this is something I will be continuing to make and use for a long time!

1 comment:

  1. its obvious some patients with Herpes Virus are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not a cure. I have been with the virus since 2015 until I was introduced by a blogger who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of HPV after using Dr ALUDA Herbal Medicine. This is a year and 2 weeks since I was delivered from Herpes VIRUS. All thanks to God for using this Great herbalist to heal me. I have promised to keep telling good things about Dr ALUDA. Please feel free to share Your problems with him and don’t forget to tell him I did refer you to Him. Thanks. email him  Draludaharbalhome@gmail.com He deals with Alzheimer virus, Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Genital, warts,Multiple Fibroids, ALS, HBV, UTI, Virginal infection, Genital, Wart, HPV, Hepatitis A/B, Good luck, HSV,  Cold Sores, Diabetes 1 & 2, Pregnancy, Ex back.

    ReplyDelete