Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 4 & 5- OCM and "Poo free"

Yesterday I was gone all day so I didn't get a chance to update.

Day 4- Shampoo free- I washed my daughters hair with the baking soda and water. Her hair is medium thickness and very long. It is very straight and very tangle prone. The baking soda mixture did fine at cleaning her hair. I also used the vinegar rinse. I noticed a couple issues with using this on her hair. One is that when she got out of the bath her hair and head still smelled like vinegar and even a little like it was still dirty. Also, her hair was VERY tangely! I had to use some conditioning spray to release the tangles. The rest of that day and the next her hair smelled perfectly fine and feels clean. I think I will try it again only I will use the shower head instead of washing it in the bathtub. I think the spray from the shower head may make it easier to rinse it out and cause less tangling in the process.

OCM- Two very small, new blemishes. Other than that, nothing different regarding the oil cleansing and my face for day 4.

Day 5- Shampoo free- I styled my hair with lots of mousse yesterday and today washed it with baking soda. It did not feel as though it got quite as clean as before. I wonder if the drastic change was when it stripped all the left over waxes and build up from my previous shampoos and conditioners and, now since that is all gone, it doesn't feel so drastic. I also wonder if I need to use more solution since my hair is so thick. I will experiment with this and let you know. There was a little more hair loss than before but not nearly as much as with store bought shampoos and conditioners.

Day 5- OCM- Yesterday I had on make up and mascara. Last night I washed my face with the oils. I was asked if I was sure that the oil was removing all my make up. Since I typically use dark colored wash cloths and towels, I wasn't truly sure. So, last night I did the normal routine and then I checked with a baby wipe. I wiped various parts of my face with the baby wipe and it was clean and white! All the make up was gone and the mascara came off easily as well. The blemishes I got the other day have almost cleared up completely. I think they were a result of my pores beginning to work properly again after being clogged and stripped for so long. This morning my face felt a little dry so I used a much smaller amount of the oil mixture and rubbed it into my skin. Then I hopped in the shower and let it steam out. I used a wash cloth and patted my face while still in the shower to insure any residual oil was wiped away. When I got out my face felt great! Not dry. Now, the rest of my skin? That's for another day. I have a feeling I will be investigating body soaps and washes very soon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment