Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 7- Poo free and OCM

Day 7- One week! Well, last night I used the oil on my face and steamed it off with a hot cloth and them hopped into the shower. When I got out my face felt dry and I didn't do anything to it. This morning my face felt dry too and I could see dryness on it. Eventually, throughout the day it gets a little of it's natural moisture back. By the time I put my make up on this afternoon it wasn't really too dry anymore. However, I have discovered that if I'm going to cleanse my face with oil and take a shower at night I should just let it steam out in the shower. The less water the better I guess. Today I bought sunflower oil to try instead of EVOO. I'm going to finish out the EVOO mixture I made so I'm not sure when I'll try the sunflower oil. But, I'm wondering if it will be better for the dryness. I'll let you know.

I washed my hair last night with the baking soda mixture. I used a full cup of it (1 TBL of baking soda dissolved in water). I also rinsed with the ACV (I used about 3 TBL apple cider vinegar and 1 1/2 TBL honey in one cup of water. ) I used about 2/3 of the cup for the rinse. My hair is feeling dry to me these days and from what I've read it feels like maybe I'm using too much baking soda. So, I think I'm going to try using just 1/2 cup next time. I wonder if using more ACV rinse will help the itching. I am also considering using coconut oil or maybe even a little sunflower oil on my scalp once a week to see if it helps. I'll let you know what I try and how it works. One thing I am happy with is that the baking soda does get the mousse out very well and the rinse does not stink! I keep worrying that my hair is going to smell like vinegar but it doesn't.

If you have been trying this too and have found out anything you'd like to share - please feel free to leave a comment.

Now, since it's been a week I've decided to only update on the OCM and poo free topic whenever I make a change or find something new. The next items I will be talking about will be homemade flour and bread (that won't take long) and homemade all purpose household cleaner. I will be making that tomorrow.

Lastly, feel free to check out the links in the right hand column of this page. As I find helpful information I will post the link there.

No comments:

Post a Comment